FirstBase Skincare Inc. is an ECOCERT COSMOS® brand that believes in product transparency. We love our planet, we love our skin and we love being able to make products that are plant based from our earth which are certified organic. Ecocert is the world's leading specialist in the certification of sustainable practices.
What is ECOCERT® certification?
EcoCertification is an organic certification and inspection body established in France in 1991. Now in 130 countries it has become one of the largest organic certification organizations in the world and best known for their standards in the field regarding natural cosmetics. The 'Natural and organic cosmetic label' has a minimum of 95% of all plant-based ingredients in the formula, 20% must come from organic farming.
To ensure an environmentally friendly cosmetic product, the Ecocert standard lays down that the ingredients are derived from renewable resources and manufactured by using environmentally friendly processes.
ECOCERT® therefore insures the absence of:
- Synthetic perfumes and dyes
- Animal-derived ingredients (unless naturally produced by them: milk, honey, etc.)
COSMOS® certified organic and natural cosmetics guarantees:
- environmentally friendly production and processing processes respecting also human health.
- development of the concept of green chemicals
- responsible use of natural resources
- respect of biodiversity
- absence of petrochemical ingredient ( except for authorized preservatives): parabens, phenoxyethanol, perfumes and synthetic colorants
- absence of GMO
- recyclable packaging.