FirstBase Skincare certifies that all our products go through extensive protocols with a world renowned organization to ensure our methods of sourcing, handling and manufacturing are organic.
Our FirstBase Skincare founders are advocates of clean-skincare, and are dedicated to delivering quality skincare products to our customers. To deliver on that goal, we are proud to be one of Canada’s leading ECOCERT® certified brands. ECOCERT® COMSO ORGANIC is the industry’s gold standard and regulator for environmental and ethical manufacturing. At FirstBase Skincare, we sincerely care what we are putting on our skin and into our bodies and the impact we have on the earth in reaching that goal.
What is ECOCERT®?
As the world leader in sustainability certification, ECOCERT® ensures that brands are utilizing organic, renewable natural ingredients, as well as maintaining ethical and eco-friendly manufacturing. ECOCERT® services over 130 countries, with FirstBase governed by this certification in every facet of the business.
COSMOS Certification guarantees:
- All the ingredients are from natural origin. ECOCERT® certifies products contain 99% ingredients of natural origin.
- 95% minimum of the plants it contains are organic
- At least 20% of organic ingredients are present in the total formula (10% for rinse-off products)
- Free of parabens, silicone, phenoxyethanol, PEG, nanoparticles, and synthetic dyes and perfumes, meaning we’re better for your skin, health, and the environment.
- Free of animal-derived ingredients (unless a natural bi-product such as honey, milk, etc.).
- Includes ingredients sourced from organic agriculture.
- Incorporation and use of green chemicals, through the design and optimization of processes and products in order to lower, or remove altogether, the production and use of toxic substances.
- Operations is respectful of biodiversity and responsible use of natural resources
- Fair treatment of human labour.
- Complies with requirements for sustainable sourcing of minerals and other ingredients.
- Uses manufacturing and processing that respect human health.
- Uses recyclable or biodegradable packaging.
FIRSTBASE Skincare undergoes yearly audits by ECOCERT® officials to ensure these compliance with certification is maintained.
Why is ECOCERT® important?
There are over 50,000 common skincare ingredients, with just over 17% of these being pesticides, carcinogens, or hormonal disruptors. The ECOCERT® process certifies FirstBase’s ingredients are free of harmful chemicals and artificial ingredients that can lead to skin irritation, headaches, and at worst, endocrine-system disruption. This also means fewer chemicals and bi-products going down our drains and during manufacturing, into the air.
Are the ingredients used in The Double Dose Vitamin C Serum ECOCERT® certified?
What kind of packaging does FirstBase use?
We use recyclable packaging at this time.
Where can I learn more about ECOCERT®?
We encourage our community to visit ecocert.com for more information.
Better for the environment, and better for your skin. We look forward to continuing a transparent conversation with our FirstBase community as we continue to create natural, organic products with the mission for a healthier, and more sustainable, lifestyle. Be well, be you.